There are moms that love when their kids go to school and there are moms that love when their kids are home. There are also moms that as much as they love their kids can’t seem to find a happy medium between the two and that is the camp I fall into. I love not having to wake up early (before 7). I love that my kids don’t have homework or tests or the responsibilities that school brings. That being said, I was going to do a list of reasons why I want school to start immediately but knew I did one this time last year. When I looked at it, it has the same things on it last year as I would put right now so I am just going to repost those:
1. I am tired of shelling out money all day long. Though they find ways to earn it, I feel like this was the summer, I bled money.
2. I am tired of the kitchen being open all day long. I am shocked by the amount of food that five teenage boys can eat in a two-hour period of time.
3. I am tired of my days starting at 7:00am with Gia and then just when she is getting ready to go down for a nap at 11:00, the other three get out of bed ready for their day to start.
4. I am ready for the mornings to start with showers, breakfast and treatments instead of TV, TV, “Can I call someone?”
5. I’m tired of hearing, “Whoops! I forgot to eat breakfast” or “Whoops! I forgot to eat lunch.”
6. I can’t wait for Gia’s nap to mean the house will be silent for about 2 hours.
7. I am tired of saying, “Ssh! Gia is sleeping.”
8. I can’t wait for the kids’ social lives to take a backseat to school, football and cheerleading.
9. It will be nice not to communicate with Nico by texts every hour asking him, “Where are you now? What are you doing?”
10. The house can close up by 9:00pm.
11. Children will all be in bed by 10:00.
12. No more fighting all day long.
13. Summer has sucked the brains right out of my kids. I need them to go back to school so I have proof that they are indeed smart.
14. I am SO tired of hearing these questions: “Can I have someone over?” “I’m bored.” “Can we go to Dairy Queen?” “Can I go to Target with you ?” “Can we have a sleepover?”
15. The biggest reason I can’t wait for school to start is: NO MORE SLEEPOVERS!!!!!!!
On a side note, we are on Day 2 of “No Binky”. Send wine, vodka, tequila…
What about you? Which camp do you fall into? Can’t wait for school to start? Sad that it is? Somewhere in between?