This week was insanely busy. I know I do posts all the time about the chaos over here and it seems that will be the case until Gia goes to college. I love blogging. I love reading blogs and I love keeping up with the friends I have made through blogging. I didn’t realize until this week that all of those things keep me sane as well. Without these things, this week drove me a little crazy. Here’s what kept me away:
1. Doctor’s appointments. Besides the ones I missed, I had a few others. I am happy to say that we got great news. An answer to prayers. Nico does NOT need surgery! When I took Tommy to get checked, Nico had the same symptoms so the doctor had assumed he’d need the surgery as well. With his history, I thought that would for sure be the case. He put him on a new medicine and I was to bring him to see the doctor in ten days. The new medicine has worked and he’s feeling better and his sinuses look pretty good (or at least as good as they can get). We are ecstatic about this. It was a huge life lesson for Nico. If you take the medicine that the doctor gives you consistently, you will feel better.
2. Cleaning. This is not my strongest attribute. I hate cleaning but I love having a clean house so this week, I made the effort to clean up after every one of the kids’ messes. Well, I did that for Gia. For the older kids, there was a lot nagging to get them to clean up after themselves. I love the way my house looks but I am exhausted. To be fair, the cleaning lady came and did the bathrooms and the floors but I am proud of the fact that the house was all picked up and clean so that she could do what she needed to. I am even prouder of the fact that these pictures were taken this morning and the house is still clean. Again, it’s been exhausting.
3. Other writing. I was hit with a creative windstorm this week and have been rewriting and adding to some of my existing writing. Will I do anything with it? Maybe someday but for now, I am loving getting lost in the characters and story.
4. Baseball, basketball, Gia’s last ballet class, Belle’s dance classes, school stuff. I think I put more miles on my car this week than we did driving to Indiana. Enough said, really.
5. The last reason is a good one. I stepped away this week to really spend time with the kids.
I am hoping to get back on schedule and figure out how to clean, spend time with the kids and blog at the same time. Wish me luck or send some tips.
I received the best Mother’s Day gift from a few bloggers. Mommifried, A Dish of Daily Life and Writer Mom’s Blog are hosting a Ladies Only Blog Share on the Joys of Motherhood and they featured me! Thank you, Ladies! I am honored and will link up and read and follow some new bloggers. Can’t wait!
Tune in tomorrow for a blog done by my kids. If you are busy and don’t get to it, Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there, women who are still waiting to be moms or mom’s whose children are in Heaven.