I wrote a post yesterday that I hate. I took it down because I sounded ungrateful. If you already read it, I’m sorry. I can only say I was caught at a moment when I was sitting in this house among many things that need to be fixed and was mad because I didn’t even know what to start with or how to start. Instead of whining about things that are old or new or husbands that don’t like change, I am going to turn lemons into lemonade.
1. I am finally getting a new car. It’s not new but it’s new to me and since I’ve had my Chevy Venture a lot longer than I should have and since it has been deemed a death trap (mostly by me), this a really good thing. What is even better is that it is a Honda Odyssey and I’ve wanted one forever. I am just happy that I’ll have a car that gets me from point A to point B without breaking down and there will be a DVD player to keep Gia occupied during the thousand carpools I’ll be in.
2. I would like to move. I want to move because what I thought I wanted in a house eight years ago has changed. That being said, this house has great potential and is in a great neighborhood. We haven’t done anything to it other than a few murals on the wall and Gia’s room so I need to start looking at some changes we can make to make this feel like it is our house instead of the owners before us. I’m excited to sit down with Leo and talk about some of the things we can do right now to keep my boredom and desire to move at bay.
3. Leo doesn’t like change and has a hard time letting go of things. Instead of wishing this was different, I am going to be thankful that when I am old and broken down, he will still not want to get rid of me. I’m not sure he’ll do much to fix me but at least he won’t want to trade me in for a new model.
4. Tommy is fully recovered from his concussion. The fact that he waits until he is five minutes late to try to find his uniform is not going to take away from the fact that I am grateful he is okay.
5. I am going to be grateful that Belle worked hard this weekend and spent the weekend the way she wanted. I’m going to ignore the fact that wherever there is a group of girls, drama is sure to follow.
6. Nico played a decent game and his team won on Friday night. I am going to try to forget that his nerves got the best of him this week, the pressure was on and he was in the worst mood all week long.
7. I love the time I spend with Gia. She reminds me to slow down and enjoy every moment. I am going to ignore the fact that if she could crawl back in the womb, she would.
8. I am grateful to all of you reading! I truly, truly appreciate all the love and support you throw my way!
Happy Sunday, Everyone!
What are your lemons you are turning into lemonade?