I love lists. They help me not ramble. I love the blog Moments That Define Life. Life gets busy so we aren’t always writing as much or visiting as much but it is one of the first blogs I followed and I believe so much in the message of that blog. Paying attention to the moments that define our lives. The other thing I love about that blog is the “Idea Bank” on the site. I love when I have writer’s block, I can go over there and find a “5″ things list.
I love this one because money is usually the sole object keeping me from doing these things (time, though factors in on some of these, too) If money were no object these are the five things I’d want (besides a cure for CF and other devastating diseases):
1. Someone to come in and help me organize my house. I want so badly to be more organized and know that a few of my problems could be solved just by being more organized. I love the theory that everything has its own home. I have a lot of space but no homes for things to go. I think I might be missing the organizing gene.
2. Go back to school. I say it all the time but it’s just not possible. Even when I think about taking an online class, it’s an expense and time problem at the moment. I still dream of a counseling degree or a masters in writing degree but I have a feeling when I finally do have some money and time to spend on this, it will be to take classes to get my Type 04 teaching degree so that I can teach preschool in the elementary schools because I am told my Type 03 doesn’t cover it. If anyone knows differently, let me know.
3. Well, based on past posts, I’d move into my dream home but let’s say for the sake of argument, that such house does not exist in the boundary lines of my kids’ schools. I’d do a total house renovation. I’d start with the kitchen, move onto the mudroom, go to the basement and then finish up with my master bathroom. If I had my way, I’d put the couch in the family room in the basement and buy new couches–ones that I would want to sit on so I could spend time down there and the fish? It would be replaced with a family picture.
4. A new fall wardrobe that is not solely from Target. Enough said.
5. A vacation home in Hawaii. With our schedules, I am not sure when we would be able to get there but I could see spending the kids’ breaks there…or anywhere warm. Or a vacation house that is close enough to drive to–a little cabin in the woods away from everything. I think having an escape from everyday life would be excellent. I can already see weekend getaways with friends, maybe a weekend with all my bloggy friends where we can spend time writing or taking pictures of the beautiful landscape, anniversary weekends, birthday weekends, holidays with family.
Okay, that settles it. I need to win the lottery. Well, first I need to play it which I have never done.
What about you? If money were no object, what would you want?