I am so late to this party but I have to do it. I love this idea and I thank Meredith over at The Mom of the Year (a blog I adore) for introducing me to Vanessa at See Vanessa Craft (a blog that I could totally get into if I had time to be crafty).
I think you are supposed to do one a day or a few a day but like, Meredith, I am doing all 22 (for 22 days until Thanksgiving) in one post.
I am thankful for:
1. Days with nothing going on and all four kids and Leo home.
2. Oolong tea, Starbucks Hot Chocolate or Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (which I am sure I have last Christmas season to thank for the extra few pounds because I had to have one every single day). All three of these drinks bring me comfort at some point in the day.
3. Legos. I get so tired of building Lego towers but slowly Gia is enjoying playing by herself with them which means I have a few minutes here and there to be able to get stuff done.
4. This blog and all the readers and followers that read and or comment on it. I’ve been whining a little bit about finding fulfillment and making a little bit of money and at the end of the day, this blog is it. I love the connecting with others and that for the first time, I am writing for more than just myself.
5. Good report cards with minimal crying.
6. Mom mentors that have been there and done that reading the blog and messaging me helpful hints. Invaluable!
7. My parents. Whether it is babysitting, dinners, going to the kids activities or just always being there for us, I am so, so thankful for them.
8. My sisters. Built in best friends that I love with all my heart. I know everyone thinks they have the best sisters but I REALLY do.
9. Barnes and Noble. I.LOVE.THIS.PLACE. I don’t care what is going on in my world, I walk through the doors and instantly, I am at ease. I will be the saddest person ever if it ever goes under.
10. My cleaning lady. Yes, we have a love/hate relationship but her doing her job makes me doing mine a little less stressful.
11. The CF Foundation and all the people who donate. It allows me to also be thankful for Cayston, a med that is quickly delivered with big results. It won’t be long before they find a cure for the boys’ mutations and until then, it’s the new meds keeping them healthy.
12. My faith. With all that is going on in this house, I don’t know how I’d get through the days without relying on God and Him being in control.
13. Real, genuine friends that love me no matter what.
14. My high school friend, Sharyn. We’ve reconnected and it is ALWAYS the best feeling falling right back into feeling 16 again and being able to talk and laugh endlessly. Though we didn’t become friends until college, the same goes for Rochelle. Time spent with these two is time well spent.
15. Dreams. Not the figurative dreams, though they are nice, too. Literal dreams. Each night I go to sleep and a mini-movie goes on in my head. Maybe that is why I miss sleep so much.
16. Reality TV. There. I said it and while I am at it, TV shows with hot guys (Chicago Fire and of course, FNL).
17. Yoga pants and furry socks from Target (I’m sure you can get them anywhere but I get mine from Target). I love my yoga pants because it gives the illusion that I exercise or am fit when really, it is like wearing my pjs all day long. Furry socks=warm feet and I hate being cold.
18. My treadmill and my WalkFit DVD and while on the subject, the energy that I have in order to do either. It feels good to finally be moving. (This one is slowly diminishing. I better start seeing the numbers go down or it is going off this list.)
19. Chicken nuggets, Pirate Booty, my mom’s meatballs and Edamame (“Pea Pods”) because without them, Gia would starve. Lou Malnati’s. There is one close enough to deliver so the rest of my family doesn’t starve.
20. My computer. Being able to write and connect with friends all over the world…so thankful!
21. Sports. Because of practices, my kids have to be home early on the weekends and home on weekdays.
22. The normal stuff: Leo’s job for allowing him to provide a good life for us, my four kids and their health and happiness.