This weekend was like every other weekend lately, a bluster of activities. I don’t want to hear my kids complain for a very long time that they don’t get to hang out with their friends. There was a ton of me driving someone somewhere or me having kids over in the midst of family parties and football games. Nico’s team won their game but there was a scary moment where a kid went down. I scanned the field looking for #2 and yep…he was the one down. He collided with a player and hurt his knee. He walked off the field and went back in the game a few plays later but for a few moments, it was scary. Tommy won his game as well so all the men in this house were very happy. It always makes me happy to watch Belle cheer because she loves it so much. Gia got in on the fun…pictures to follow at some point.
A few things I’m looking forward to this week:
1. Leo is taking the kids to see his mom today so I get a whole day to myself! What to do, what to do…the house is already clean (thank God for having friends over because it forces you to clean the house). The laundry definitely needs doing but an afternoon at Barnes and Noble sounds a little like heaven. Then again, catching up on sleep sounds pretty good, too. I think Barnes is going to win. The family is leaving after Nico’s practice and if you are near where I live, you’ll hear the squeals of finally getting a break.
2. I’m reading the book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn for a book club and this week it is due to arrive (Amazon) so I am looking forward to some good reading.
3. On Friday, I get to spend the day with my BFF and her hubby and my hubby (since they work together) at some work function. I don’t know how I feel about that part but I am totally looking forward to some uninterrupted time with Rochelle. It’s been way too long.
4. Going out to dinner with two of my favorite couples on Saturday night.
5. It’s not our turn to drive to school in the mornings and I’m only on carpool duty Thursday after tumbling. (Little things, my friends. Little things.)
A few things I’m not looking forward to this week:
1. High school curriculum night. You all know how I feel about this. It’s causes even more anxiety because it is the unknown.
2. I might or might not have a follow-up doctor’s appointment. Leo’s work function has messed that whole thing up so unless I get a sitter, I’ll won’t have it. I’m not sure how I feel about that since I hate doctor’s appointments but a part of me would like to get this out of the way. HATE medical stuff. HATE!
Thanks to all of you, I moved up to #2! Thanks so much. You all put a giant smile on my face!
What about you? What are you looking forward to this week? Anything you aren’t?