Still fighting through this writer’s block that plagues me, I am linking up with Mama Kat for her Almost Famous Writing Prompts. I have chosen this one:
Aside from your kids, pets, your husband, your coffee and your wine…what makes you smile?
1. My sisters. No one makes me belly laugh like my sisters and I love that no matter what is going on in each of our lives we are tethered together by invisible strings. Just thinking about each of them makes me smile.
2. Watching football with my dad (or basketball or baseball) and going through my mom’s closet with her. She is so generous that if she has an outfit she thinks looks good on you, she’ll give it to you right then and there.
3. Dinner or lunch with friends that I don’t get to see very often. I didn’t have brothers growing up but D.W., J.B., and J.R. sure make me feel like I have three now. The only reason I love Fantasy Football or Baseball is because it means D.W. comes into town and I get to see these guys.
4. Being in a book club. I love any reason to read and I love that it pushes me out of my comfort zone of reading. I especially love that it means I’ll get to spend time with friends without our children or husbands. Girl time is always good.
5. Sunday mornings at Target. Leo and I go together to shop for the week and I have come to look forward to getting a hot chocolate while he gets a coffee and then catching up on the craziness. We make jokes that it is our “big date” and it is proof that we take what we can get.
6. A clean house. It doesn’t happen often but when it does, it makes me smile.
7. Barnes and Noble. God, I love that place. The hot chocolate, the comfy chairs, the quiet to get some writing done, the endless possibilities of books to read (I have a Nook but there is still nothing like the feel and smell of a book in your hand). I walk through the doors and instantly smile at the prospect of some “me” time.
8. At the moment, the biggest thing that makes me smile is getting new followers, seeing more subscribers, getting comments or when people click on the Best Mom Blogs button over on the side. These things make me smile because it reminds me that I am not just writing for myself. It’s a little hypocritical of me to say that at the moment since I have had no time to read and comment on anyone else’s but I am working on getting back to that. I love the writing part of blogging but I love the connecting part even more. So, if you are reading this right now, thank you! You made me smile today.
What about you? What makes you smile?
Thanks, Kat for helping again by giving me something to write about: